Change of Work Scheme Duty Rosters
The introduction of DutyMan has imposed on us a rather rigid system of work scheme duties. e.g. If you are listed on the Bar roster you can not book a Galley duty. Some members have complained about this and it is with a view to addressing these comments that we are changing the Duties Rosters to the following six:-
- 4 hour duties to include: Bar, Galley & Maintenance. (2 dates / year / member)
- Sailing (2)
- 4 hour duties to include: Patrol Boat (2) & Race Officer (2). (2 dates / year / member)
- Sailing (3)
- 2 hour 40 min duties to include: Patrol Boat (3). (3 dates / year / member)
- Sailing (4)
- 2 hour duties to include: Patrol Boat (4), Race Officer (4) & Try Sailing Helmsman. (4 dates / year / member)
- Duty Officer
- Flag Officer’s & Management Committee members only. (4 weeks / year / member).
- Selected Maintenance
- ‘On Call’ throughout the year – eg Gas safety.
Members will be able to ‘Mix & Match’ within their rosters. Ie if you are listed on the Clubhouse roster you can select 1 Maintenance and 1 Bar dates for your years work scheme commitment. However, you will not be able to select 1 Bar & 1 Patrol Boat as these duties are not both in the same roster.
During October you will be asked to select your 1st & 2nd choice for Duty Roster.
For your information we quote the following Club rule concerning Work Scheme duty exemptions:
4.9 Exemptions from the Scheme.
Overseas members, Members in service overseas viz. members of HM Forces and personnel of the Merchant Fleet, Honorary Members, Honorary Life members, members in extenuating circumstances at the discretion of the Management Committee, Cadets and Junior Members as defined in Rule 4.3 (a), (vi) and (vii). Exempt members may participate in the Scheme on a voluntary basis.
Members on Committees and Administrative members are deemed to be doing this work as their work scheme contribution. However, all are encouraged to volunteer to cover the many ‘Volunteer’ duty events listed.
Currently, only Flag Officer’s and members of Management Committee are tasked to cover Duty Officer’s Duties as per above.